Deirdre Marshall M.D
Dr. Deirdre Marshall is one of Florida’s leading physicians in plastic surgery. She has held medical licenses in four states over the previous 20 years, as well as two board certifications in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Marshall was named on South Florida’s “Super Doctors” list in 2009. Furthermore, Dr. Marshall is recognized as an expert in breast reconstruction as well as pediatric cranial, face and hand surgery.
She has taken several overseas surgical missions to Vietnam and Central and South America. She has also attended many conferences regarding Plastic Surgery as she considers continuous studying essential to her professional growth. Also, she has written several publications and delivered presentations which have been essential to other researchers in her field.
- Bachelor’s degree from Yale University.1979-1983.
- Medical degree at Stanford School of Medicine in Palo Alto, California.1983-1987.
- Internship and residency in a combined general surgery and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery program at Stanford School of Medicine in Palo Alto, California.1987-1993.
- Fellowship training in hand and microsurgery in Paris, France. 1991-1992.
- Fellowship training in Cosmetic surgery in Miami Beach Beach, Florida. From May to June 1992.
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons(ASPRS).
- Dade County Medical Association (DCMA).
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS)-Communications Committee.
- Florida Medical Association (FMA).
- Greater Miami Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
- Private practice in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Miami, Florida.
- Full time Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon, South Miami Hospital, South Miami, Florida.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery. 1994- Present.
- Passed Part II Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Boards. 1995.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Alumni Medical Scholars Research Scholarship, Stanford University School of Medicine.1984.
- Stanford University School of Medicine Research Honors Award of research in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.1987.
- Examiner for the American Board of Plastic Surgeon.2003- Present.
- Member of Florida Super Doctors South Florida.2009 Cosmetic/Reconstruction Surgery Subsection.
- Katherine M. McCormick Foundation Award for Women in Medicine.1987.